[cfe-dev] clang for Windows problem in Boost.TypeTraits

Nico Rieck nico.rieck at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 11:16:04 PDT 2013

On 30.09.2013 05:29, Edward Diener wrote:
> I could not find anything in the C++11 standard about variadic functions
> and calling conventions. Is this a "bug" with clang under Windows or
> should Boost.TypeTraits not try to allow __fastcall in this situation
> when compiling with clang under Windows ?

I think it's a defect in both. Boost should drop the overloaded vararg
is_function_ptr_tester specializations with non-standard calling
conventions as they are never used. When MSVC encounters a vararg
function with stdcall/fastcall it silently converts it to cdecl. Though
for compatibility with (broken) MSVC code Clang should match that
behavior if desired.

-Nico