[cfe-dev] clang for Windows problem in Boost.TypeTraits

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Tue Oct 1 03:10:56 PDT 2013

Edward Diener <eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com>
writes:

>> So, IMO, VC++ might be too lax here while Clang++ is too strict. If
>> Clang++ is rejecting code that just declares a __fastcall variadic
>> function and such declaration is useful, I'll file a bug report.
>
> I can file the bug report as long as it has been ascertained as a
> clang bug. OTOH if you're filing the bug report might have more weight
> in getting it fixed, please go ahead and do so.

Nobody will slap you in the wrist for filing a bug report that ends
closed as INVALID :-) Right now, possibly you are the individual with
more knowledge about this issue on the whole Clang community, so you
will need to explain how and where this issue was discovered, and why
changing Clang handling of that code would be helpful for the Boost
library writers. With all that information the developers will judge if
a change makes sense and is feasible. So please go ahead and file the
bug report if you wish to see the problem fixed.

> I am working to get clang in Windows to be able to compile Boost
> headers using the Boost Build clang toolset. So you may be hearing
> from me on this mailing list with further issues.

Good. And please don't hesitate about filing bugs when you think that
doing so *might* be appropiate. No need to be 100% sure.

And please note that suggesting improvements is another use of the bug
database.

> Thanks for your help.

You're welcome.