[cfe-dev] compilling clang

Eric Christopher echristo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 00:15:03 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 10:25 PM, Devchandra L Meetei
<dlmeetei at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Lost the warning msgs.
> clang can not finishes the clang compilation kin 4 or 5 hours, Seems
> horrible.
>
> is there any specific reason to prefer clang over gcc when clang is
> installed?

The installed clang is presumed to be a release build without asserts
enabled and should be faster on your platform than gcc. You should
check which clang is being used to build and make sure it isn't a
debug build which can often slow clang down up to 10x.

clang -v will provide the type of information you're looking for as
well as looking in config.log to see which clang it picked.

-eric