[cfe-dev] [RFC] Tutorial for Clang Analyzer Plugins

Jordan Rose jordan_rose at apple.com
Mon Jan 7 10:36:04 PST 2013

Hi, Sean. Anna and I discussed this a bit and we decided that what's in docs/analyzer/ really shouldn't appear on the analyzer website at all. It's internals documentation that is only relevant to people working on the static analyzer, and we don't yet know how we want to expose that on the site.

What does seem interesting is transitioning the entire analyzer site over to Sphinx, for increasing consistency among the LLVM projects. It's the pages people actually use that benefit most from transitioning to Sphinx, rather than random docs. Then there's no reason to have a docs/ subdirectory there, either.

We were then wondering why the same isn't happening for LLVM and Clang (and LLDB?). Transitioning the docs is great, but it's very jarring to have half of each site in Sphinx and half in HTML…and all with different themes. I think we'd prefer that the analyzer site not transition to Sphinx at all unless we can do the entire site at once.

Ted may want to chime in here too.
Jordan