[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] RFC: TileGX, a new backend for Tilera's many core processor

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Thu Feb 28 22:57:29 PST 2013

----- Original Message -----

Jiong, I am happy to see the Tile backend being offered for upstream inclusion. Among other things, in the long run, this may help inform and motivate many-core capabilities in LLVM.

First, can you elaborate on the future maintenance and development plans for the target code? Do you plan to add SIMD support? Atomic memory operations?

Will you be able to setup a buildbot on this architecture? If so, can it be connected to the public system?

On the patch itself:

 1. There are still a few places where there is commented-out code or #if 0 blocks; these should be removed (or replaced with real comments as appropriate).

 2. There are no regression tests -- using the test-suite is obviously useful, but targeted regression tests are essential.

You say that there are unexpected failures in the regression tests and in the test suite. Do you understand these?

 -Hal