[cfe-dev] [Windows] __uuidof support?

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Wed Dec 4 09:36:12 PST 2013

What C/C++ runtime are you trying to use, a mingw variant or one of
Microsoft's?

We support __uuidof in the Microsoft C++ ABI, but not the Itanium C++ ABI.
 The easiest way to use the Microsoft C++ ABI support is with the clang-cl
frontend:
http://clang.llvm.org/docs/UsersManual.html#clang-cl

However, the Microsoft C++ ABI support is still really immature, so you
might want to stick with mingw.  In the Microsoft C++ ABI, Clang lacks
support for:
- pass by value of certain kinds of objects
- RTTI
- exceptions
- debug info
- member pointer support is a bit weak