[cfe-dev] about OpenACC support, Preprocessor and pragma handlers in general

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Mon Nov 26 09:00:09 PST 2012

On 11/26/12 09:52 PM, Maroudas Manolis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am quite new in clang and I am intrested in OpenACC support.
> My goal is to write a tool to transform C code with OpenACC directives to OpenCL code, so I am just focusing at the parsing
> phase and AST creation for now.
What's the motivation for this work?  Is it that you lack access to the
desired target backend/runtime or you're doing research and just
short-cut/easy/don't care about production robustness.
I don't want to pee on anyone's party, but have you considered at all
how difficult it will be to
1) Validate the results
2) Debug this when things go sideways
3) Will it ever need to play nice with MPI in a clustered environment
4) Performance tuning or even profiling

PathScale has OpenACC/AMP/OpenMP/CUDA support in clang and are pretty
liberal with research groups that would want private access.  Email me
privately if interested.