[cfe-dev] __attribute__((alloc_size(foo))

Jordan Rose jediknil at belkadan.com
Wed May 23 12:29:10 PDT 2012

Xi Wang took a stab at this back in February but no one finished reviewing his patch.[1][2] I'll take a look at yours soon, but maybe Xi has an opinion as well?

Jordy

P.S. If we want to go really crazy, alloc_foo_objects(int howmany) could be handled with an extension to alloc_size: __attribute__((alloc_size(1,sizeof(struct foo)))). But that can wait for later.

[1]: http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-commits/Week-of-Mon-20120227/054264.html
[2]: http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-dev/2012-February/019952.html