[cfe-dev] [LLVMdev] is configure+make dead yet?

Mason Wheeler masonwheeler at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 06:13:00 PDT 2012

As a general rule, if someone's using a system for development, it's because
they're used to the way that system works and feels. The last thing they're
likely to want to do is install a shell that's based around the feel of an entirely
different OS just to perform fundamental development tasks.  IME people
use Cygwin because they're forced to, not by choice.  If they *wanted* that
user experience, they'd be using Linux.

Bottom line: if the LLVM team isn't providing whatever is necessary to build
LLVM properly in Visual Studio, (or XCode, for the Mac users,) something
is wrong.