[cfe-dev] Rename -ccc-host-triple into -ccc-target-triple

Sebastian Pop spop at codeaurora.org
Thu Jan 5 12:11:24 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 2:12 AM, Eric Christopher <echristo at apple.com> wrote:

> On Jan 5, 2012, at 12:01 AM, James Molloy wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> If you keep the "-ccc-" prefix, you're still polishing a turd from my perspective. Setting the target architecture shouldn't be a driver-internal-special option.
>>

> Agreed.
>
>> We discussed this in the BoF at the conference, and decided on "-target", but "-triple" being an alias for that makes a lot of sense and I like it. I'm still working on the driver redesign - I haven't had a lot of resource to put into it yet but I'm ramping up as of the new year. Patches soon to follow.
>>

> Yeah, I couldn't remember which we'd decided on. I believe it ended up being -target because we'd like to someday allow things that don't look like gnu target triples :)

Thanks all for your suggestions.  See attached the revised patch.
Tested on amd64-linux with make check, and started the nightly test.

I decided to leave -ccc-host-triple as an alias of -target.
Where should I document that -ccc-host-triple is deprecated?

Ok to commit with some more documentation changes?

Thanks,
Sebastian
--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc is a member of Code Aurora Forum