[cfe-dev] [OpenCL patch] kernel attributes implementation

Tanya Lattner lattner at apple.com
Wed Jan 4 11:44:53 PST 2012

Guy & Anton,

I'll just review this merged patch. Here is my feedback:

- Remove the type specifier diagnostic. I don't think its needed (can you just use the existing one?) and its unrelated to the metadata.

- I'd like to suggest changing how the metadata is organized. So it would be like this:
NamedMetaData Node - opencl.kernels
	MDNode Pair of Function*, MDNode which is a list of all the metadata
		MDNode list that is a key/value pair. So for each attribute you have key (ie. "vec_type_hint"), and then the value(s).

Its just a slight variation on how you have things (where you have a list with the first arg being the key). This makes it pretty obvious what the layout is in my opinion.

Does that seem reasonable?

- The DummyType is a creative solution. I think we'll need Doug to sign off on that change though.

- Add some comments to the function EmitOpenCLKernelMetadata. Maybe one sentence to say what the metadata is and reference to spec.

- Nit pick: Add periods to your comments in AttributeList.h,

Thanks,
Tanya