[cfe-dev] Getting started

Phil King phil_king at rocketmail.com
Fri Feb 17 16:28:17 PST 2012

On 16 Feb 2012, at 12:10, David Chisnall <theraven at sucs.org> wrote:

> If you want to build a code checking tool, then libclang is probably not the best thing for you.  It is designed for things like IDEs and does not expose the code flow analysis stuff that the static analyser uses.  Your best bet would probably be to look at the existing analysers.
>
> David

Thanks, I've had a look and that does look a better place to start.

Is there a "how to" for adding a new checker? I've added in a new cpp file and added it to cmakelists.txt, but it fails at compile time due a missing declaration in clang:ento. I think I just need to add something in to checkers.td - does it matter where ?

Phil.