[cfe-dev] Getting started

David Chisnall theraven at sucs.org
Thu Feb 16 04:10:43 PST 2012

On 16 Feb 2012, at 00:30, Edward Meewis wrote:

> This maybe the blind leading the blind, but have you seen Douglas' talk
> about libclang (http://llvm.org/devmtg/2011-11/index.html) and extending
> clang the year before (http://llvm.org/devmtg/2010-11/)?
>
> There's an example extracting function names in the example directory.
> I'd also study c-index-test source, which does AST walking.

If you want to build a code checking tool, then libclang is probably not the best thing for you.  It is designed for things like IDEs and does not expose the code flow analysis stuff that the static analyser uses.  Your best bet would probably be to look at the existing analysers.

David

-- Sent from my Cray X1