[cfe-dev] What is the status of clang-based service architecture?

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Dec 7 01:45:47 PST 2012

On 7 Dec 2012, at 08:44, Manuel Klimek wrote:

> For example, the file interface is not thread-safe; this requires changes to the file system / path interface to allow keeping state of the working directory, and doing all relative file operations based on that state (on unix fd* versions of the unix file api). This requires an objectification of the file interface first, which requires some more design work.

We (FreeBSD/Cambridge/some bits of Google) are also interested in clang using openat() and friends in the cc1 invocation and being passed all header search paths in as directory descriptors and the input / output files as file descriptors, from the perspective of sandboxing the entire compilation step.

David