[cfe-dev] Using C++11 <atomic> with Clang SVN

Richard Smith richard at metafoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 19 15:11:35 PDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Chandler Carruth <chandlerc at google.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Richard Smith <richard at metafoo.co.uk>wrote:
>
>> We do not claim that strong compare-exchange is listed as supported
>> because the strong/weak distinction is not available in LLVM IR (we always
>> generate a strong compare-exchange). Maybe we should just mark it as done
>> to avoid confusion.
>

> +1 -- the requirement should be for support of strong, not for
> differentiation between strong and weak IMO...

Marking more C++11 boxes as done is fine by me! In r155161.

I was holding back from doing this before because the purpose of N2748 was
to get better code for weak compare exchanges, which we don't actually do.
That said, I have no idea if we support architectures for which there is a
more efficient weak compare-exchange available.