[cfe-dev] where to send test suite errors

David Chisnall csdavec at swan.ac.uk
Tue Apr 10 12:54:30 PDT 2012

Hi Bayard,

(and apologies to anyone for whom this is off-topic)

On 10 Apr 2012, at 19:56, Bayard Bell wrote:

> illumos has done a free and clear implementation of locale support for
> libc, and, in fact, it was taken from FreeBSD. Have a look at:
>
> https://www.illumos.org/projects/illumos-gate/repository/show/usr/src/lib/libc/port/locale

I saw that, but unfortunately it's based on an old version of FreeBSD.  I only added the xlocale stuff (which libc++ needs.  Or, at least, really wants...) a couple of months ago.  It shouldn't be a massive amount of effort to pull in the xlocale stuff.

> I'd love it if we could get libc++ ported to illumos. I've got two
> bugs already filed for issues I had with the build infrastructure that
> our porting system turned up (12517 & 12518). I'll file another issue
> for the test suite issues, of which there were three for LLVM and one
> for clang IIRC.

That's great.  We have libc++ running on Solaris, and Dmitri Shubin has submitted patches for a couple of bits of the build system that didn't work out of the box for them.  Bootstrapping was a bit painful because Solaris seems to come with a GCC that can't produce a working clang if asserts are enabled, but clang built with clang works nicely.  I'd love to see this all working on Illumos too.  It would greatly help matters, by the way, if you can standarise the location of the crt*.o files on Solaris, as *BSD has done - it saves us needing a load of search logic to find the GCC path containing them, as we do on GNU/Linux.

David