[cfe-dev] Problem building Clang in Eclipse

Rahul Purandare rahulp2506 at aol.com
Sat Oct 8 12:11:32 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to build Clang in Eclipse (Indigo) on Ubuntu. I am following the steps given at http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html . I have done following:
1. Checked out llvm from svn repository.
2. Checked out Clang from svn repository under llvm/tools
3. Created build directory at the top level directory so that it has two subdirectories, llvm and build.
4. Used cmake and generator "Eclipse CDT4 - Unix Makefile" that created project files in build directory.
5. Used eclipse to build project.

Eclipse builds the project (llvm) successfully as I receive no compilation or link errors and I see executables including "clang" in directory bin under build. However, when I open any source file, such as CFG.cpp, Eclipse shows numerous compilation errors related to unresolved symbols. I am wondering if I have missed something in the steps. Could you please help me?

Thanks,

Rahul