[cfe-dev] -fdiagnostics-format= design review : added enum to patch

Andrew Fish afish at apple.com
Thu May 19 08:55:13 PDT 2011

> I think you intended this:
> +    Opts.Format = 1;
> +    Opts.ShowColumn = DiagnosticOptions::Msvc;
>
> To be:
> +    Opts.Format = DiagnosticOptions::Msvc;
> +    Opts.ShowColumn = false;

Yes, sorry about that.

In DiagnosticOptions.h why is it

ShowColumn = 1;

and not

ShowColumn = true;

I was just trying to match existing style by using 0 and 1.

> At least in Visual Studio 2010 columns are supported with the following format:
> t.c:(3,10)
> I not entirely sure but I think you need ColNo-1 on MSVC

I can add -fshow-column support for msvc to the patch, but I don't have a copy of Visual Studio 2010 to test with. Can you test it with Visual Studio 2010 when I add it?

> Also, shouldn't there be tests for this?

Can you point me in the direction of how to write the tests, or even where the current tests are?