[cfe-dev] Clang for Windows and Boost

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Sun Mar 20 13:07:00 PDT 2011

Edward Diener <eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com>
writes:

> On 3/20/2011 7:37 AM, Lars Viklund wrote:
>> The last time I built clang++ on Windows (with either mingw-w64 or
>> VC9/VC10) the resulting compiler insisted on attempting to use the VC10
>> headers, which as mentioned elsewhere in the thread will not work.
>
> How can you tell what header files clang is using ? I built clang using
> MSYS in a directory outside of my llvm/clang structure. If I include C++
> standard library header files when compiling a source file with clang,
> how do I determine where clang is searching for those header files ?

IIRC you pass the -v switch on Clang's command line.

>> Has the logic for finding and using headers on the system been resolved
>> since then, or is it still unusable if you happen to have 10 installed?
>>
>> (this was in September 2010 or so, and a I believe the situation was
>> similar when I tried it early this year)
>>
>> As for the problems with SEH patents, I believe it only holds for 32-bit
>> SEH. 64-bit SEH is not (as far as I gathered from mingw-w64 IRC
>> discussions) affected by the patent (IANAL).
>
> Is there a 64-bit version of clang ? If so, how does one build the
> 64-bit version under MSYS/MingW in Windows ?

Never tried it, but you'll need a 64 bit MinGW, available on several
places on the 'net, then your arrange your PATH to point to the place
where the 64 bits gcc&g++ are located. However, the MinGW64 Clang will
suffer *at* *least* the same restrictions as the 32 bits version.