[cfe-dev] auto and decltype availability

Michael Price michael.b.price.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 14:05:08 PDT 2011

I think that is a perfectly fine recommendation, but this isn't for writing
code.  This is for letting people know which version of the compiler first
introduced a certain feature.  For instance, if we want to use
static_assert, we may (depending on other feature availability) only want to
update to the version of clang that supported the features that we desire.

It's hard to convince managers that we should update (or even switch
compilers) if we have to respond with "use __has_feature in the code".