[cfe-dev] Plugin to generate Lua bindings

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Mon Feb 21 11:54:16 PST 2011

John Thompson
<john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com>
writes:

> I've been working on a plugin to generate Lua binding to C/C++ functions,
> variables, classes, and structures.

I'm working on automatic creation of C/C++ bindings (currently using
GCC-XML for that) and your example certainly looks interesting. Thanks
for publishing it.

> Would you have any interest in my checking it in under clang/examples as an
> example plugin?
>
> The enclosed zip file contains two directory trees.  The one under llvm is
> the plugin.  The one under luatest is a test/example program.  I would not
> check-in the latter tree, because of it's Lua dependency, but I would make
> it available elsewhere.

The test files could be included on a subdirectory of
examples/LuaBindings and optionally build them, or just leave them there
for illustration.

Also please note that your zip file contains VS project files and those
shouldn't be checked in.

[snip]