[cfe-dev] Using STL for clang on Windows

Francois Pichet pichet2000 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 05:52:08 PST 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 3:41 AM, nullnull <null.function at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've simply changed cl.exe to clang.exe. Mostly it's working greatly!
> However, MSVC's STL can't be compiled (it's known issue though). So, I've
> simply tried to change to STLPort. However, it still no good. Please note
> that I didn't fully invest my time to use STLPort with clang.
>
> Is there currently any workarounds for using STL in Windows platform?
>
> Thank you for your great work, and wish to see more improvement on Windows
> platform.

Hi,
My priority #1 is to make clang parses the MSVC's STL code. I am
currently working on a delayed template parsing patch where template
function definitions are lexed and parsed at the end of the
translation unit. This patch would resolve much of the issues when
clang parses MSVC's STL.  I am progressing but it is not yet ready.

After that, 2 more issues (that I know of):

1. Some missing "typename"  that clang complains about but cl.exe
doesn't care bout.
2. There was also a case of a missing "template" keyword that clang
was complaining about. (as in A:: template B<T>).