[cfe-dev] Switching http://llvm.org/demo to clang or providing a separate clang demo

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Tue Aug 30 13:49:59 PDT 2011

> I don't have a strong feeling either way - Duncan did, so perhaps he'll speak up.
>
>       The users of the demo page are not going to run the generated .s code, and
>     x86-32 and ARM are pretty close (both 32-bit little endian).
>
>     Another option is to just add X86-32/64.
>

> That seems like a safe option to begin with & justifies adding the
> infrastructure such that the incremental cost of adding/removing ARM is low.
> I'll look into Bjarke's patch to see about isolating just that behavior for now
> (or all of his patch & see if anyone's strongly opposed enough to veto the CR
> and/or change it back).

Why not build a bunch of cross-compilers, and use the right one depending on the
target?  That said, I'm not going to give you a hard time if you cheat :)  I
just worry that people interested in LLVM for ARM (or whatever) will generate
some ARM code in the demo page, see it doesn't make any sense, and give up on
LLVM as a waste of time.

Ciao, Duncan.