[cfe-dev] Switching http://llvm.org/demo to clang or providing a separate clang demo

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 12:16:29 PDT 2011

> It's true that headers wouldn't be the right "cross compiling headers", but
> I think that's ok.

I don't have a strong feeling either way - Duncan did, so perhaps he'll
speak up.

>  The users of the demo page are not going to run the generated .s code, and
> x86-32 and ARM are pretty close (both 32-bit little endian).
>

> Another option is to just add X86-32/64.

That seems like a safe option to begin with & justifies adding the
infrastructure such that the incremental cost of adding/removing ARM is low.
I'll look into Bjarke's patch to see about isolating just that behavior for
now (or all of his patch & see if anyone's strongly opposed enough to veto
the CR and/or change it back).

Thanks,
- David