[cfe-dev] Run tests after building with CMake and Xcode?

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Sat Sep 18 22:59:44 PDT 2010

Ryan Gerleve <aikavanak at gmail.com> writes:

[snip]

> It looks like the test scripts are looking for the clang
> executable in the wrong location:
> <llvm-obj-dir>/lib/Debug/../bin/clang
> instad of where clang actually resides, which is
> <llvm-obj-dir>/bin/Debug
>
> I've looked around, but after some searching I can't find where
> the scripts are getting this path. Can anyone point me in the
> right direction?

tools/clang/tests/CMakeLists.txt configures the paths for lit. The key
variable is LLVM_TOOLS_DIR.

tools/clang/tests/lit.cfg, at line 33, sets the PATH environment
variable so it includes the place where clang supposedly is, based on
LLVM_TOOLS_DIR. That is later used at line 104.

If you can't figure out the problem please show the piece of output that
makes you think that the test scripts are looking at the wrong directory
for executing clang, plus version numbers, etc.