[cfe-dev] Run tests after building with CMake and Xcode?

Ryan Gerleve aikavanak at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 20:34:28 PDT 2010

Hello all,

I'm just starting out with Clang, and have successfully
compiled & run LLVM and Clang from SVN on
Mac OS X 10.6.4 with CMake and Xcode. However, it appears that
the tests in the Index folder are broken when running them from
Xcode (I'm trying to invoke the clang-test target from Xcode).
All the tests work if I build with configure & make, and run the
tests with 'make test' from the clang directory.

It looks like the test scripts are looking for the clang
executable in the wrong location:
<llvm-obj-dir>/lib/Debug/../bin/clang
instad of where clang actually resides, which is
<llvm-obj-dir>/bin/Debug

I've looked around, but after some searching I can't find where
the scripts are getting this path. Can anyone point me in the
right direction?

Thank you,
Ryan