[cfe-dev] Running clang (built with VS 2008) test suite on Windows

Eli Bendersky eliben at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 07:19:56 PST 2010

> >     Clang :: CodeGenCXX/nullptr.cpp     (error with fatal error:
> 'typeinfo'
> > file not found)
> >     Clang :: CodeGenObjC/image-info.m
>
> image-info.m is an intermittent fail on Win32 because of some
> mysterious file access denied. It is  known problem.
> nullptr.cpp pass here. It was updated 3 days ago. are you sure you
> have the latest?

After refresh to latest LLVM & Clang and cleanup, nullptr.cpp runs and so do
the indexer tests. However, the

******************** TEST 'Clang :: Preprocessor/dependencies-and-pp.c'
FAILED ********************

Is still there. I run Python 2.6.5 and also have 2.4 installed (2.4 fails
almost all tests in Preprocessor/) Unfortunately I don't have Python 2.7
installed here (It's quite bleeding-edge, so I don't think most people
currently have it installed).

By some probing I figured out that the failure is with this line of
Preprocessor/dependencies-and-pp.c:

// RUN: diff %t.1 %t.2

Without it, Python doesn't throw the exception. So I did some printouts from
lit/TestRunner.py and it turns out it tries to use the diff.py script in the
Python installation directory (for my ActivePython 2.6.5 installation)
instead of gnuwin32's diff. Renaming diff.py makes the Preprocessor tests
run.

I'm not sure whether this is a problem with my personal setup or a more
general problem for lit.py, but I hope this description will be useful to
others.
So except the known image-info.m test, all clang tests pass.

Testing Time: 109.55s
Failing Tests (1):
    Clang :: CodeGenObjC/image-info.m

  Expected Passes    : 2628