[cfe-dev] Running clang (built with VS 2008) test suite on Windows

Francois Pichet pichet2000 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 04:27:39 PST 2010

Hi, see inline comment

On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 6:52 AM, Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After some configuration woes, I managed to run the clang test suite on my
> Windows 7 box, with clang built with MSVC 2008 (the source checked out
> yesterday from trunk). Except the "index" lib which didn't build, all tests
> pass except

I am also using Window 7 and MSVC 2008 and index lib build for me.
Something wrong.

>     Clang :: CodeGenCXX/nullptr.cpp     (error with fatal error: 'typeinfo'
> file not found)
>     Clang :: CodeGenObjC/image-info.m

image-info.m is an intermittent fail on Win32 because of some
mysterious file access denied. It is  known problem.
nullptr.cpp pass here. It was updated 3 days ago. are you sure you
have the latest?

> And a couple of tests that give Python errors and hence don't run, for
> example:
>
> UNRESOLVED: Clang :: Preprocessor/dependencies-and-pp.c (26 of 125)
> ******************** TEST 'Clang :: Preprocessor/dependencies-and-pp.c'
> Exception during script execution:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "c:\eli\test\llvm_svn\llvm\utils\lit\lit\main.py", line 122, in

I don't have these errors here. Not sure what they are. I am using
Python 2.7. Maybe you can try that version.