[cfe-dev] build clang failed under MSYS (windows)

asmwarrior asmwarrior at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 23:48:33 PDT 2010

Hi, every one.
After building for about One hour, I have successfully build the clang.

Oh my god, the build folder size is 3.5G!
and the folder \build\Debug+Asserts is 2.5G.
especially, under the folder: \build\Debug+Asserts\bin

clang++.exe   430M
clang.exe       430M
llc.exe             170M

why these files were so big?  (just because Debug enabled?)

After strip command, the clang++.exe is about 20M.

I just test the codecompletion method mentioned in this page (My
original test for a cross build clang.exe)

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,13559.msg91440.html#msg91440

it seems very thing works fine!
Great!thanks all guys for your help.

BTW:
I'm not sure how easy/difficult  it is integrate the clang module to an
IDE like codeblocks. we need a lot of feature:

1, collecting tags, this is called "batch parsing" in codeblocks : this
involve parsing all the files, for clang is should parse all the
translation unit. hope PCH can make the parsing much faster. we don't
need parse the function body, because we are not interested about local
variables.
2, supply some tag-tree structure, so that people can navigate the
source from here to there, or jump from declaration to definition.
3, codecompletion, this time, the local variable in the current function
scope should be parsed.

additional feature:
code re-factoring (re-name some identifiers)

asmwarrior
ollydbg from codeblocks' forum