[cfe-dev] preventing bitcast in generated code

Jochen Wilhelmy j.wilhelmy at arcor.de
Mon May 10 10:30:08 PDT 2010

Hi!

I compile a subset of c++ to llvm IR that is then executed by a
kind of virtual machine that is not capable of executing all instructions.
For example if I have a struct with two floats and copy it form
one location to another clang uses a bitcast to i64 to copy it
(x86 target).
Can I implement an own TargetInfo to prevent this?
Of course I need an own TargetInfo to describe my virtual machine
anyway, but the question is how I prevent the generation of
bitcast ops.

-Jochen