[cfe-dev] Ownership attribute for malloc etc. checking

Andrew McGregor andrewmcgr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 18:16:37 PDT 2010

I think the checker itself is general enough to handle this... if we find
one attached to an argument, we could just generate the index in the
attribute parser.

Hmm, but which is cleaner and clearer... have the checker know that
arguments might be attributed as well, or have the parser push attributes
from arguments onto the function?  The latter is probably less code, but
might be rather obscure.  On the other hand, that whole attribute parser is
pretty obscure, and is full of 'fixme's saying it deserves redesigned.

BTW, all the private replies are unintentional, I'm getting used to some new
mail clients at present.

Andrew