[cfe-dev] index library

John McCall rjmccall at apple.com
Thu Jan 14 14:30:49 PST 2010

On Jan 14, 2010, at 11:05 AM, Andrew Sutton wrote:
> Looking at the PCH patch, your general approach seems good, but I'm not sure why you've introduced PCHReader/Writer::VisitFunctionBase rather than just calling VisitFunctionDecl from all the subclass methods.  Is there some reason I'm not recalling that the param references have to come last in the record?
>
> I wasn't sure if ordering of records mattered or not. I was trying to preserve the same basic ordering of records for Method and kin, and not set the Code member twice. In the end, it probably won't matter too much.

If you mean ordering of data within a record, it's better to have more redundancy between record kinds, because we do support compact representations.  That probably won't matter much here.  Worry about having clean code first;  we don't really understand where the significant overheads are in PCH processing, but they're almost certainly not in redundantly setting the Code member. :)

John.