[cfe-dev] CLANG getting started

Juan Carlos Martinez Santos juanc.martinez.santos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 13:28:31 PST 2010

Hello,

I am also having the same problem; of course, I am using the last version of
this example, so my command line looks like:

$> clang -cc1 -load /home/xxx/llvm/Debug/lib/libPrintFunctionNames.so
-plugin=help

I get the below error:

$> error: unknown argument: '-plugin=help'

I am following the README file, so I added the next lines to the
tool/clang/Makefile:

# No plugins, optimize startup time.
TOOL_NO_EXPORTS = 1

I make clean and make it again, and I'm still getting the same error.

Somebody know what could be the problem?

BTW, I also test TOOL_NO_EXPORTS = 0, and I used the commands suggested by
Seo.

Thanks in advance,

Juan Carlos

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 1:01 AM, Seo Sanghyeon <sanxiyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/11/23 Cristina Basescu <cristina.basescu at gmail.com>:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm a newbie here and I'm having some trouble with running the examples
> from
> > clang. I built libPrintFunctionNames.so , by doing make in
> > llvm/tools/clang/examples/PrintFunctionNames, but I don't know how to see
> it
> > at work. I've tried with
> >
> > opt -load /usr/llvm/Debug/lib/libPrintFunctionNames.so -print-fns test.bc
> >
> > just like one would do for a llvm pass, but it doesn't work:
>
> Well, libPrintFunctionNames.so is not an opt plugin, so that doesn't
> work. It is a
> clang-cc plugin. So:
>
> clang-cc -load libPrintFunctionNames.so -plugin=help should print
>
> clang-cc plugins:
>  print-fns - print function names
>
> and clang-cc -load libPrintFunctionNames.so -plugin=print-fns should
> execute it.
>
> --
> Seo Sanghyeon

Juan Carlos