[cfe-dev] how to use a buildbot?

Douglas Gregor dgregor at apple.com
Tue Feb 16 13:04:43 PST 2010

On Feb 16, 2010, at 12:30 PM, kalyan ponnala wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to clang/llvm and I would like to know if there are any buildbots outthere that i could use to build all the clang/llvm tests.

BuildBots are for continuous testing. They can't be used to build tests for you.

> I am using a solution file generated by cmake-gui on a windows system using visual studio 2008. and could you point me in right direction about things I need to know in order to run the regression tests.

Once you've built Clang, build the clang-test target.

> Apparently the buildbots on the llvm.org site just skip "clang-test" and other test related projects inside the solution file generated by the cmake-visual studio when building everything.

The MSVC BuildBot does run the regression tests. See, e.g.,

	http://google1.osuosl.org:8011/builders/clang-i686-xp-msvc9/builds/3991/steps/test-clang/logs/stdio

	- Doug