[cfe-dev] clang assembler problems

kalyan ponnala ponnala.kalyan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 15:39:27 PST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to build clang/llvm using cmake and visual studio on a windows
vista platform. When I try to build a .c file from command prompt it says
it's actually searching for gcc
to find the assembler and since i dont have gcc it's failing to assemble the
code and generating an error message.

"gcc" -v -c -o C:/Users/Kalyan/AppData/Local/Temp/cc-000001.o -x assembler
c:/Users/Kalyan/AppData/Local/Temp/cc-000000.s
clang:error: unable to execute command: program not executable
clang:error: assembler command failed due to signal 1 (use -v to see
invocation)

could you tell me why is the clang searching for gcc assembler. and how can
i change it to point to a write assembler? what assembler does it use by the
way?

--
Kalyan Ponnala
phone: 8163772059