[cfe-dev] Update to C++0x feature table

Alex Rosenberg alexr at leftfield.org
Mon Dec 20 15:13:17 PST 2010

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 5:03 AM, Michael Price <michael.b.price.dev at gmail.com
 > wrote:
 > The diff is attached.
 > I used the following sources:
 > Bjarne - http://www2.research.att.com/~bs/C++0xFAQ.html
 > Scott Meyers - http://www.aristeia.com/C++0x/C++0xFeatureAvailability.htm
 > Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C++0x

Some additional items and different [not useful] organizations of the
features are here:

http://wiki.apache.org/stdcxx/C++0xCompilerSupport
http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/cxx0x.html

 > Things I like about my changes:
 > 1. Near complete listing of core language changes.
 > 2. Links to STL implementation status pages.
 > 3. I like the classification of features.
 > Things I don't like about my changes:
 > 1. I would love to provide links into the current draft for each
feature,
 > but I couldn't find a way to link into the draft PDF.
 > 2. I wish there were a better way to classify features (as some are
 > cross-cutting).
 > Indifferent:
 > 1. Draft proposal documents.  I included and expanded them because
they were
 > there before.
 >
 > There is still one extra thing that I haven't done, which is to
provide some
 > sort of desired priority, or if that is too difficult, some way to
indicate
 > dependent relationships between features.

A few paper numbers to add:
* sizeof on members without object instance is N2150, 5.1.1p10
* nullptr is also N2214
* char16_t and char32_t are part of N2249

Other than that, it would be most helpful if current status were
filled in so we all know what needs to be done. In my ideal world, as
the status in each box is changed, a revision number is put in there
since "releases" are infrequent.

Somebody more familiar with the draft should comment if any items are
missing.