[cfe-dev] how to build my clang based tool

moataz ragab mtzrgb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 16:45:59 PDT 2009

I have managed to get it the executable generated by adding my directory to
the Makefile in clang/tools directory.

So in general here is what I had to t do
1. make a new directory with for the app
2. copy and modify the makefile and CMakelists.txt
3. add the subdirectory in the CMakelists.txt in clang/tools
4. add the directory to the DIRS variable in clang/tools/Makefile

So the LLVM and Clang uses a mix of cmake and Makefiles? Can you give an
abstract view of how the build process works?

Thanks,
Moataz