[cfe-dev] doco build issue (how to skip question)

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Oct 5 09:18:16 PDT 2009

from a llvm and clang CO, I am consistently getting a
build failure down in the build of Ocaml doco

lvm[1]: Building ocamldoc documentation
make[2]: Entering directory
 	`/home/herrold/rpmbuild/BUILD/clang-20091005/bindings/ocaml'
make[3]: Entering directory
 	`/home/herrold/rpmbuild/BUILD/clang-20091005/bindings/ocaml/llvm'
llvm[3]: Documenting llvm.odoc
make[3]: I: Command not found
make[3]:
 	[/home/herrold/rpmbuild/BUILD/clang-20091005/bindings/ocaml/llvm/Debug/llvm.odoc]
Error 127 (ignored)
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/herrold/rpmbuild/BUILD/clang-20091005/bindings/ocaml/llvm'

Under the time honored principle of solving doco building
problems last, I thought:  Hmmm --- add a ./configure option
and skip this for the moment

But running ./configure --help, nothing jumps out an bites me
as a proper 'disable' clause to use.  ditto reading README.txt
and INSTALL.txt.  I see the mention of missing -I paths in
NOTES.txt, but this seems unlikely, except for the strange
missing 'I' Command, rather than '-I' error

CentOS 5, currently updated and a rich build environment
platform, on a x86_64

My build passes are laborious (working towoard auto-packagin
the SRPM and binary RPMs) -- running over an hour, and so I'd
appreciate a pointer.

Any thought?

-- Russ herrold