[cfe-dev] Reinstating stdint.h in test/CodeGen/const-init.c

Ken Dyck Ken.Dyck at onsemi.com
Sun Nov 22 10:31:21 PST 2009

Alright. Committed as 89609, then.
-Ken

________________________________

	From: cfe-dev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu
[mailto:cfe-dev-bounces at cs.uiuc.edu] On Behalf Of John Thompson
	Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 2:46 PM
	To: cfe-dev at cs.uiuc.edu
	Subject: Re: [cfe-dev] Reinstating stdint.h in
test/CodeGen/const-init.c

	It works on Windows.

	On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Ken Dyck <Ken.Dyck at onsemi.com>
wrote:

		In October (in r84160) the #include<stdint.h> in
		test/CodeGen/const-init.c was replaced with an explicit
definition of
		intptr_t. From what I gather, this was done to get the
test to succeed
		on Windows, where a host stdint.h is not implemented and
clang, in
		hosted mode, blindly attempts to include one anyways.

		Explicitly defining intptr_t in the file has the problem
of relying on
		the built-in macro, __INTPTR_TYPE__, which I would
consider an
		implementation detail of stdint.h, one that I'd like to
remove (but I'll
		save that discussion for another thread).

		I'd like to propose an alternate fix. See the attached
patch. It runs
		the test in freestanding mode, forcing the inclusion of
clang's stdint.h
		instead looking for a hosted one. And, more importantly,
it doesn't rely
		on any built-in macros.

		Thoughts?

		-Ken