[cfe-dev] Patch "aftermath"

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Tue Jul 28 11:34:10 PDT 2009

<cc'ing cfe-dev since this is a general question>

On Jul 28, 2009, at 4:08 AM, Erik Verbruggen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sunday and yesterday I submitted a patch for clang on the cfe-dev
> list (the "Patch & feedback request" thread). I have one question
> left, which was not answered, so that is when I am mailing you
> directly: what is the procedure now, or how do things work from here
> on? Is somebody going to commit it to svn, should/can I do that
> myself, etc.

It doesn't look like the final patch got reviewed (I injected
confusion into the thread by thinking it was objc related).  Once it
has, you can commit it if you have commit access, or if not, please
ask someone to commit it for you.

> Furthermore, I would like to contribute some more patches, for
> example for the other "FIXME" in that file. For that, are there
> things I should be aware of (like no-go/being-worked-on zones)?

Not that I'm aware of.  After you've gotten a few patches committed,
please feel free to contact me to get direct commit access, per:
http://llvm.org/docs/DeveloperPolicy.html

-Chris