[cfe-dev] Problem in locations

Cédric Venet cedric.venet at laposte.net
Thu Aug 13 11:03:59 PDT 2009

> Also it seems strange to me under a theoretical point of view that the
> efficiency is undermined by the more rational behaviour, but certainly
> you know better than me.

this seems a pretty corner case, so why not privileging efficiency?

> If I'd see a way that do not compromise the efficiency are you willing
> to accept a patch?

you can probably modify the diagnostic code emision to check and skip
ignorable char at the start of token instead of modifying the token
creation. diagnostic is not in the hot path so you have a can use more
computational cycles.

just my 2cents
regards,

Cédric