[cfe-dev] tests broken

John Thompson john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 17:32:45 PDT 2009

I've been looking at the remaining test failures.  Most seem to be
related to one of the following:

1. Some forms of the search pattern argument given to grep are
problematic.  For example, in CodeGen/mangle.c given @"\\01foo",  the
pattern @"\01foo" is in the file being searched, but apparently the
argument isn't being processed and pass through as expected.  I tried
several usages of "\" to escape things, to no avail.  The
double-quotes are probably the problem.

2. Some differences in floating point formatting.  For example, in
cast-to-union.c, 7.300000e+01 is searched for, but the output contains
7.300000e+001.  Maybe use a regular expression for the possibly extra
0?

3.  Seemingly mal-formed grep commands like this (for Driver\openbsd.c):

Command 1: "c:\Msys\1.0\bin\grep.EXE" "clang-cc" "-triple"
"i386-pc-openbsd""
"C:\Tools\llvm\tools\clang\test\Output\Driver\openbsd.c.tmp.log"

4. Unexpected warnings related to _Complex.

5. "/dev/null" on clang-cc commandline (i.e. PCH\pr4489.c).

6.  Missing #include files, such as socket.h, reloc2.h, not found in
Visual Studio.

7. Errors or #error directives in Visual Studio headers.

8. Missing or unexpected errors or warnings (i.e. Parser\cxx-template-decl.cpp).

There are probably other classes of problems, but these seem to be the majority.

Perhaps someone is already working on these.  Otherwise how can I best help?

My ultimate goal is to get back to working on the semantics for using
declarations, but I was hoping first to see or help get the tests
working with respect to Visual Studio.  Please point me where my
limited skills can be of the most help.

Thanks.

-John

--