[cfe-dev] tests broken

John Thompson john.thompson.jtsoftware at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 13:01:42 PDT 2009

Thanks, Daniel.  I've been experimenting with the patches.

I know the count.bat and not.bat scripts are experimental and that you only
temporarily have the them using hard-coded paths for the Python executable
and the Python scripts they call (i.e. g:\public\llvm\test\Scripts\not.py).

I think the Python executable scripts could just rely on python being in the
path.  (I use Python 2.6, so the path is different.)

I'm not sure what the best solution is for the Python script path, however.
Some possibilities:

1. Use an environment variable for the LLVM root (i.e. LLVM_ROOT) in the
script.  Using environment variables, of course, would be unfortunate.

2. Would setting PYTHONPATH to (prefix)\llvm\test\Scripts and just using a
bare script file name in the batch files work?

3.  Have users edit the scripts manually.

Or perhaps you have a better solution already.

With Baptiste's clang-win32-path.patch and llvm-win32-path.patch files
applied I'm down to 64 failures.

I'm going to put back and try Baptiste's other script patches again, as my
failures might have been due to not noticing the path issue with the
count.bat and not.bat scripts.

-John