[cfe-dev] Move InitializePreprocessor() to lib/Frontend from clang-cc

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Mon Apr 20 21:06:36 PDT 2009

On Apr 20, 2009, at 4:51 PM, Alexei Svitkine wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is a patch for http://llvm.org/bugs/attachment.cgi?bugid=3979.
>
> It moves InitializePreprocessor() functionality to its own file
> under lib/Frontend from clang-cc.cpp.
>
> This allows users of the clang libraries to properly initialize all
> the expected macros without copying and pasting 500 lines of code
> from clang-cc.cpp.
>
> Not included are changes to Makefiles and such to properly add the
> new InitializePreprocessor.cpp file to the build system, since I do
> not know what is needed there.

Hi Alexei,

This looks generally fine, except that we really prefer libfrontend to
not use cl::opt at all.  We want all the command line option
processing stuff to be in clang-cc, not in any lib directories.  Can
you refactor the code to populate a class from the command line
options and pass that in instead?

Thanks,

-Chris