[cfe-dev] Beginnings of C++ access control (and question about standard)

Daniel Dunbar daniel at zuster.org
Mon Apr 20 10:52:24 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 10:22 AM, Sebastian Redl <
sebastian.redl at getdesigned.at> wrote:

> > I didn't realise there was an automated tool involved there, I'd assumed
> it
> > was more informal. So should what follows be a direct quotation from the
> > standard, or is paraphrasing preferred?

The tool is pretty stupid, it just scan for things that look like
// <document marker> <dotted notation | C++ name>
or so. You can find the tool in utils/FindSpecRefs if you want the real
details, and the output is at
  http://t1.minormatter.com/~ddunbar/references.html
(which is linked from the menu bar on clang.llvm.org)

> And presumably I shouldn't split up the standard comments after that
without

> > including the header in each subpart?
> >
> Eh, I do that all the time. I don't think the tool extracts the actual
> quote.

Correct. "Easy" to fix once our C++ support is done. :)

 - Daniel