[cfe-dev] Hello

Argiris Kirtzidis akyrtzi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 09:17:33 PDT 2008

Hi Sebastian,

Sebastian Redl wrote:
> I think I'll go for namespaces first. However, it seems that there is
> absolutely no support for nested names yet. Is that correct?

I have a set of patches for nested names, waiting to be "unleashed on
the world" when the conditions are right.
On the other hand here are a couple of missing C++ features (the "good
thing" of so much missing C++ support is lots of options to choose
implementing :-) )

--Unnamed namespaces:

namespace  {  void f(); }
void g() {  f(); }

main.cpp:2:12: error: use of undeclared identifier 'f'

--'using' directives:

using namespace foo;

>  Such support would have to be added to the parser and to the semantic
> analysis at least. MinimalAction too?

That is a good question. Is MinimalAction expected to eventually support
the full C++ type system ? (nested names, templates)

-Argiris