[cfe-dev] Hello

Sebastian Redl sebastian.redl at getdesigned.at
Thu Sep 25 06:21:03 PDT 2008

Mike Stump wrote:
> On Sep 24, 2008, at 1:08 PM, Sebastian Redl wrote:
>> mostly interested in C++, so that's where I'll be working. I think
>> I'll like this work. Expect lots of questions.
>
> Welcome.  For each question you ask, you got to implement one missing
> feature of C++.  :-)  Feel free to ask any hard questions you want, as
> templates aren't done yet.  :-)

Hehe :-)

I think I'll go for namespaces first. However, it seems that there is
absolutely no support for nested names yet. Is that correct? Such
support would have to be added to the parser and to the semantic
analysis at least. MinimalAction too? It would have to keep track of
identifiers, if we don't want horrendous misparses of code when not
using the full semantic analysis.

namespace foo
{
        typedef int bar;
}
foo::bar i;

cxx-parse-nested-specifier.cpp:7:4: error: expected '=', ',', ';',
'asm', or '__attribute__' after declarator

Sebastian