[cfe-dev] General questions

John Graley jgraley at bigfoot.com
Mon Sep 1 12:15:26 PDT 2008

Hi there

I just have some general questions about the Clang project and its direction:

- What's your relationship to the LLVM project at present? You appear to use
llvm code, but only as general helper libraries (like STL and Boost) as far
as I can see. Certainly, your intermediate representations seem to be your
own, making Clang independent in theory, if not practice. There's no mention
of Clang on the LLVM website - instead they say they're using a modified GCC
(even though they're a BSD licensed project).

- There are lots of target applications for Clang including automated
refactoring, static analysis and as a compiler front end. What are your
priorities? There's lots going on in the lists - where is most of this work
leading? Is objective-C considered more important than C++, for example?

- Is the source in the "brose source" up-to-date or is it some way behind the
bleeding edge in subversion?

Thanks, John

--
John Graley