[cfe-dev] C++0x flags/keywords

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Sun Jul 15 21:24:51 PDT 2007

On Jul 15, 2007, at 8:35 PM, Douglas Gregor wrote:

> The attached patch adds all of the various bits to introduce a C+
> +0x dialect into Clang, including the dialect option, C++0x
> keywords, and command-line switches for the driver.

Thanks, applied!

> While adding keywords, I ran into this confusing bit:
>
> KEYWORD(_Complex                    , EXTC90)         // C99/C++
>
> _Complex isn't part of C++, so shouldn't this be marked EXTC99|
> EXTCPP|EXTCPP0x?

You're right.  Interesting mistake, I've corrected it, thanks!

> When running "make test" in the clang directory, I get a lot of
> output that includes several "FAILED!" indicators. Should I expect
> the output of "make test" to be clean, with no errors?  Is there a
> simple way to get a count of tests run/errors/etc. (aside from grep)?

You should only get a single failure, which is xfailed:

XFAILED 'Parser/expressions.c': // XFAIL: *
******************** TEST 'Parser/expressions.c' FAILED!
********************
Command:
clang -fsyntax-only Parser/expressions.c
Output:
Output/expressions.c.out.script: line 1: 10038 Bus
error               clang -fsyntax-only Parser/expressions.c
******************** TEST 'Parser/expressions.c' FAILED!

One "undocumented feature" of the test suite is that you have to add
llvm/test/Scripts to your path for it to run correctly.  I will see
if I can make this happen as a side effect of make test.  Thanks for
pointing this out.

-Chris