[cfe-dev] standard headers questions

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Thu Dec 13 17:44:48 PST 2007

On Dec 13, 2007, at 3:02 PM, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> Also, here is the C99 stdbool.h I wrote as an example.  Please let me
> know if this is the format you'd like these headers to be in.  Mostly,
> are the include guards acceptable in format,

The include guard needs to start with _ to avoid polluting the user's
namespace.

> and is the comment block
> acceptable in detail, or is something missing?  (Other than the
> license.)

We'll resolve the license issue separately, but other than that I
think it looks fine.  Any other opinions?

> Should there be more comments for the macro definitions
> themselves, or are suitably small, simple, obvious, self-documenting
> things like that acceptable to leave without description?

It would be nice to cite the standard for the various pieces :).
Other than that, it looks great.

Where should this go in the clang tree?  I don't think putting it in
clang/include/... makes sense, how about a top level stdincludes
directory or something?

-Chris